What information we collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- We will only knowingly collect personally identifiable information from persons 18 years of age or older.
- Information you provide - When you sign up, and when you claim prizes on Prizemojo.com, you provide personal information. We store this information and use it to help sponsors with shipping prizes, winners with verifying prize delivery and to identify your unique account. When fraudulent account activity is suspected, we may also use this information to verify your identity.
- Your interactions with Prizemojo.com
- Your response(s) to our contests - When you opt-in or opt-out of a drawing at Prizemojo.com, our software may use knowledge of that action to improve your user experience on our website. Over time, we may customize the content we display on the website based on your past contest interactions.
- Your interactions with other user interface elements on Prizemojo.com - When you click links and view pages on Prizemojo.com, we may use that information to customize your user experience. We may also use pattern recognition, behavior matching, and other deductive and/or predictive algorithms to customize the content and/or layout to your usage.
- We may employ cookies and other technologies such as web beacons and pixel tags for purposes such as remembering that you have already logged in or to know if you have already viewed a particular page.
- Cookies, web beacons, and pixel tags - Prizemojo.com may send a cookie to your web browser. Cookies are used to improve the functionality that Prizemojo.com provides to you. Our cookies allow us to identify your browser on our server, which allows your preferences and information about your browsing session to be persisted as you navigate the site. Web beacons and pixel tags may be used in some circumstances to allow us to know if you have viewed a particular page or email.
- Log information - When you access Prizemojo.com via a browser, application or other client, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Communications Sent to Prizemojo.com - When you communicate with Prizemojo.com by email or a webform, we may save this communication. This information is used to improve the quality of service in the event that you have future inquiries. It may also be used to follow up on questions about customer service response times, customer service responses and related business and legal concerns.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Prizemojo.com or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
All user communications (e.g., comments or descriptions) within the website should be considered public unless stated otherwise.
We do not rent, sell, or share personal information with other entities without your permission with exception to the following:
- To validate your account information. In order to reduce the occurrence of fraud, we may, at our discretion, use a service to validate some of the information you provide to us. For example, we may use a third party to confirm that entered prize shipping information is valid.
- To allow a sponsor to ship a prize. Any shipping information volunteered by the winner is shared as follows:
- With the giveaway sponsor only for the purpose of prize delivery
- With the public to display winner summary information on the site, which will include the winner’s first name and state based on the provided shipping address.
- To allow a winner to verify prize delivery. Any return shipping information volunteered by a sponsor is only shared with the giveaway winner for the purpose of prize delivery verification.
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information beyond what is described in this agreement.
- When federal, state, or local, laws require us to share information with a government agency either as part of a criminal investigation, or for other legal and official recordkeeping purposes, such as may be required when individual sweepstakes winnings exceed a threshold. We may also disclose the personal information of contest winners or sponsors as required by state and federal law.
- If we are acquired by or merged with another company.
- If we have a good faith belief that an account is being used for fraudulent or illegal activity, including activities contrary to the Prizemojo.com account holder terms of service, we may share that information with a third party for further investigation and prosecution.
- We may also use third party web site analytic tools to analyze non-personally-identifiable information in order to help us learn how people use our website, such as the website they came from or how many times a page has been viewed and in what type of web browser.
Accessing and updating personal information
Prizemojo.com will make a good faith effort to allow you to modify or delete your personal information. If the information is not required to be maintained for legal or legitimate business purposes, we will service your update or delete request as quickly as we can. Exceptions to this include situations where the information is impossible or impractical to delete (such as when the information is stored in archive or when altering the information would impact other users).