Alert! This Just In: Notifications!
Yes, for those who have been wondering, we are (and have been) putting the finishing touches on several features for Prizemojo. The batch of features we're announcing today, Alerts and Notifications, are extra-exciting because they will keep you in the loop as future features are developed.
Alerts Let you know about activities taking place on Prizemojo that are relevant to your login. They appear right on the Prizemojo menu area next to your username. They accumulate until you view and clear the alerts.
They're simple to use. You view them by activating the alert icon in the Prizemojo menu and you clear them by clicking the 'Clear Alerts' on the associated dropdown. They look like this:
Notifications Are messages sent to you (i.e., Emails) when some action you are interested in happens on Prizemojo. Unlike alerts, you can configure what (if any) notification emails you will receive... Here's how
- Access your account settings somehow. For example, click on your user name then click "My Account," as illustrated here:
- Click the "Email Notifications" tab
- The available notifications and their expected frequency will be listed. Check the ones you want. Uncheck the ones you don't want. Easy. Like this:
So... what kind of activities generate alerts and notifications? At this writing, we already have two actions available. One, new feature notifications, is driven by us (Prizemojo staff). The other, comment mentions, is powered by users like you. That should give you an idea, but stay tuned because more actions will be added as features are introduced.
New Feature Notifications Are exactly what you would think. When we finish new features, this will let you know. Comment Mentions Appear (..waitforit..) whenever you are mentioned to in a comment. Cool, right? Speaking of mentions, let's take a peaceful stroll down Tutorial Lane and see how those are generated;;;;;;;;;;
Feel the Love (Comment Mentions)
It's easy to call out other users in comments.
- First, you're going to have to find something to comment on. I'll leave that up to you.
- If you type @ and begin typing a user name in your comment, our sophisticated 'uzer m3n7i0nz' engine will attempt to filter out a match for you. All you need to do is select the appropriate user name from the listing, like this:
- Notice that the slug that the uzer m3nti0nz engine populates into your comment may be slightly different from the user's displayed name. If it happens, just roll with the name the engine finds. Our engine is so fancy that it eliminates spaces and other stuff that could confuse the mentions parser. So, if you end up with a comment that looks something like this, Post it, and your mentioned user will be linked to (if they have a public profile), and might even reply, something like this: